Monday, December 11, 2006

In Boston

We have arrived

I would've made this post sooner, except finding free wireless access in Boston is a nightmare. Like five or six times, I would get connected to a network that said "Free Wireless" or something, only to have it find out that either:



  • It actually wasn't free

  • It wouldn't work... god only knows why


I think something is messing up my computer... when I connect to a wirless network now, it automatically redirects me to "The Pulse of South Station", even though that's not my homepage... weird.

But anyway...

Getting up in time to get going was not fun. Paul E. was playing Counter-Strike until ungodly hours, so sleep was at a minimum. I didn't sleep on the bus... I never can. If it hadn't been for a very powerful infusion of coffee as soon as we arrived at a Dunkin' Donuts, I wouldn't be able to type these words now.

So... on to business. After eating breakfast, we wandered around South Station for a bit. I asked people some various questions about the law (see my comment on the Hans' first post), to the extent of: do you think the rich have favor in the legal system, and do you think you, as an ordinary citizen, could win a case against a large organization if you wanted to?

I got a varying degree of answers. The custodian said no, he wouldn't have much chance against a huge organization in a legal suit, while a businessman said yes. The Japanese tourists said yes, while the lady selling newspapers said no. At the risk of stating the obvious, I suppose your perception of the fairness of America's legal system depends on your socio-economic standing.

I have more to say, but we need to hurry up and go to a murder trial. Will check back with you all later. Cheers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahah ya asking random people questions not for me=]