Tuesday, December 12, 2006

my two days in Jua

um...ok so monday,dec,11 at first I thought wow this is going to suck I don’t know what we are doing I don’t know who we are going to talk to I didn’t know what questions I was going to ask and I didn’t really want to be walking around. but then my group and I went to talk with Erika Holmes at Brown Rudnick an amazing law fern. Erika was a graduate of New Hampton in 1996. And she now works at Brown Rudnick. It was pretty much like a house, I wouldn’t mind working later and staying over there. I really enjoyed talking to her she was a normal person, she helped me out a lot with what exactly a lawyer does and I liked seeing a real life law fern, I would love to live in Boston and work in a law fern like that one. After that we had some time to kill so we went to eat at Dicks which was fun but would have been better at night. Then that our group went to a real life trial! At first I wasn’t that excited but then when we started to walk in I was like oh my good I’m going in a court house wow! And then when we were in there I was like ok I’m watching a murder trial. for the first 45min it was ok I listen and got into it I knew what was going on, but then I feel asleep for about 20min but I was up long enough to know that the guy on trial was pretty much guilty or at least seemed it, he keep changing his story, and you could tell he was lying haha what a dumb butt. After that we were all done our first day so we went back to the Hostel, chilled then got ready to go out for dinner. Dinner was fun and the Cheesecake factory was so good. Then we went back, chilled got ready for bad and I was out before 12.

Today at about 7:40 Nick came in and got us up but I was up because my alarm was set for 7:30 but I didn’t want to get up but I knew that we were going to another trial so I got ready fast met my group and we headed out to go watch the trial. When we got then we were going to watch the rape trial but they weren’t starting that until tomorrow so we ended up going to watch a armed robbery trial instead. It was so boring, first of all Nick got yelled at because the judge got mad at him for eating a candy inside the room and people keep giving us mean looks so after about an hour we left and went to Boston City Hall where we talked to Bill Sinnott and about nine other lawyers. they just keep coming in I was like wow nine real lawyer, I have only met one layer my whole life and that is my dads friend lol. so it was pretty cool to be sitting in a room with nine different ones. I found out that if I want to become a divorce layer I have a lot of work I need to do and a lot of different fields I need to study. but I also want to be a sexual defense layer which has a lot or work too. but it is my dream and I really want to do that. I really liked the Boston City Hall, however it wasn’t that nice but it worked I guess. when we left there we went to eat at hooters which was fun and the food was really good and now I’m sitting in a café writing this but I’m going to walk around Boston some more but that’s been my two days on Jua. And my amazing law experiences. I don’t have a general question yet I have many questions but I don’t feel like we should have to have a question my question would be how do I become a lawyer? And nothing else.

BRI

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did Nick get yelled at for? Was it the water? I thought the security guy said it was okay to have water in the courtroom.

I think those lawyers in Boston thought we wanted to become lawyers, and that's the reason we were there. I guess it would've been to complicated to explain to them what JUA was about, but it would've saved some explanation.