Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Post 2

It is day number two in the beautiful city of Boston. We are leaving in about 5 minuets so I'm going to try and make this as informative as possible without holding up the bus.
Nick came to our room at 7:40am but I guess I slept through that because I didn't get up until 8:00am and we left at 8:15am so I had to book it downstairs. I woke up with a miserable sore throat and didn't really feel up to much of anything. We left the Hostile and headed back to Government Center and on to the Courthouse where we attened our second trial. This one was armed robbery. It was actually fairly intersting. The witness on the stand when we walked in was the victim of the robbery and it was really interesting to see how nervous he was. The defense attorney even caught him in a lie. The next witness to take the stand was a police officer, it was nice to hear a person speak who was straight forward and actually knew what he was saying. We only got to stay for 40 minuets because we had another meeting to get to, so we were only able to see the prosecuting attorney and missed the defense's cross examination.
We went on to city hall, which was about a block from the courthouse. We arrived at 10:45am for an 11:00am meeting, but we accidentally ran into the guy we were supposed to be meeting and so we were immedeately taken into a conference room where we proceeded to meet with basically every person in the law department. Honestly, there had to be at least 11 different lawyers who just kept showing up. We thought we were only going to be meeting with Bill Sinott but he sent out for every available lawyer to come. He was EXTREMELY enthusiastic about it. It was almost comedic the amount of people that ended up at the meeting. But it was extremely informative. There were two women lawyers there who worked in a department which answered my essential question perfectly. I'm going to write a paper on it soon but I'm not sure if you're ever going to get to read it, but knowing the school you probably will even if I'm not the one to post it.
After that meeting we were done. We had nothing left to do after that so we went out for lunch, afterwhich we looked for the cafe the lawyers had told us got wireless internet, which probably took us the better part of two hours. When we finally found one Bri and Alex wrote their blogs which took forever and I needed to get a present for my brother's 18th birthday so I decided to blog later.
And that's what I'm doing now, blogging. I have to rap this up because Nick needs the computer so I may or may not write more later.

Okay bye,
~Ali

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I think the "Cuddle Bear" would've been a great present for Victor.

I can't keep thinking of comments like this, because we all say the same things in our posts, just in different ways. What more can I say?

Hans Mundahl said...

Hi folks - can you please decrease the chatter and increase the JUA related commenting & information here?

Thank you!